So often it’s the bride that takes over many of the wedding detail decisions. Sometimes it’s because she wants to have it her way and sometimes it’s because the fiancé is just not that interested in colour options, cutlery and flower choices.
Well, if there is one thing the groom needs to be involved with it is the wedding registry! We do wedding trade shows all over the world and we hear over and over again from brides and grooms that there is nothing better than when both get involved with the wedding registry choices because both often come from a different mindset as to what the couple will need to begin their lives together.
The bride will often have endless ideas of what the couple will need for inside the home, like kitchen gadgets, glassware & small appliances, bedding, vacuum cleaner and even bigger appliances. The groom often will think of needs for the couple that will be generally for outdoor use which are handy, useful and cool to have.
We’ve come up with 5 Wedding Registry Category Tip Ideas for Grooms to make sure your Wedding Registry bases are covered.
- Yard Supplies – You’ll most likely benefit from having a trusty state of the art leaf blower & lawnmower as well as any gardening tools like shovel, rake, wheelbarrow and edger to name a few.
- BBQ Supplies – Check out what the latest gadgets are for your BBQ like a light that fits your handle, grill scrapers, BBQ utensils and even an actual BBQ if you’re in need or a tailgater version for weekend camping dates.
- Tools – Even if you’re both not the handiest with a hammer, there are certain home tools you should always have on hand. A brand new tool kit covering all the basics is always handy and make sure to add any drills, sanders and even workbench to your registry list.
- Vehicle Needs – Anything car or truck related that you just don’t have the money to put in to right now but you sure would benefit from having – new wiper blades, trailer hitch, floor mats, box liner, charger, stereo etc…
- Home Renovation Needs – Maybe you can see that updating a few things in the home is beyond a want but has become a need…or maybe it would make it more comfortable and enjoyable. Home Renos can be costly so why not add your new hardwood floor or kitchen countertop to your registry.
We at Eventastic hope these 5 category suggestions will help you round out your Wedding Registry with items you will need for both inside and outside your home. Guests want to buy you gifts that you both truly need and want. Now is the time to be sharing those ideas with others by both of you adding your wishes to your Wedding Registry. Have fun and be creative.