Younger, first marriage couples like either option of having both packaged gifts and money given as gifts for their wedding. Couples that are established in homes with all the basics and couples getting married the second time say they would like to be able to add a few gift items to their registry they’ve yet to acquire, but more often they prefer cash gifts.
Cash gifting at weddings has been around forever but couples said they found it difficult to find tactful ways of asking for money. Being able to request monies by telling guests what they plan to apply the funds to is much more palatable for the couple and the guests. Guests want to give something useful at a wedding and what better way than to be given options that the couple are saving towards and would truly appreciate.
Here are the top categories of cash gifts that couples added to their Guest Funding feature on Eventastic.
- Home Reno: A new home doesn’t always mean a new home. Often there are changes to the home the couple has on a wish list and why not add a new kitchen, wood flooring, new deck etc. to your registry.
- Experience Gift: Whether a cooking class, fitness membership, photography course…there are always things we would like to learn more about.
- Honeymoon: The honeymoon and subsequent excursion trips can be costly. Couples loved having the opportunity to put pictures with descriptions of their plans/wishes and have guests contribute thus making it more affordable.
- Vacations: Aside from the honeymoon there are always places we would like to experience. Never been to New York and would love a weekend away? This is a great opportunity to put a picture with description of the place or a site and have guests help you get there.
- Funds: Educational funds and retirement funds were top on the list.
- Charity: Couples loved having the opportunity to give to a charity of their choice following the wedding
So the answer to the question “Is it ok to ask for money on your wedding registry?”…..ABSOLUTELY!
Eventastic is an online website where you sign in for free and create your own unique wedding themed website/event page using features such as photo and video sharing, guest funding, ticketing & registration plus more. In addition you can add sub-events to your wedding website like pre-wedding parties with all their details. You can even sell tickets to parties like Stag’NDoe right on your event page and share through email or social media channels making event promotion and sales so much easier!
Click here now and start have fun creating yours!