Ever had to mail a large amount of invitations for an event?
If you have yet to do so, brace yourselves. Printing the invite or hand writing it onto numerous cards, stuffing them one-by-one into envelopes, licking the seal shut, sticking on a stamp, handwriting each address, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. It is not time friendly to say the least.
What if this could all be done with a quick recording, the click of a button and – bonus, no environmental impact?
Our free wedding themed website offers you the technology to add custom or general video invitations to save the dates & thank yous – saving you hours of licking, sticking and printing. You could even acquire the interest of your spouse who may be more likely to help out by saying a few words on camera than licking, sticking and printing for hours.
Video invitations have virtually no environmental impact.
With environmental awareness increasing, these paperless video invitations are the way of the future and will likely please your environmentally conscious guests.
The video invitations have many benefits that extend beyond environmental impact:
- Saves money on increasing postal costs (stamps, envelopes, paper)
- Saves time & handwriting cramps
- Makes managing RSVPs simple
- Ensures no invites are lost in the mail
- Is not limited to wedding invites, could be used for bridal showers, Stag & Doe’s, Bachelor(ette) Parties, etc.
- Gives you the ability to send personalized Thank Yous
- Gives you the ability to send invitations in different languages – great for bilingual families!
- You can spice it up with music, a theme, customized script for different groups, and more!
Sending a personal video inviting guests to such a big day in your life can be very touching. Consider making your wedding a paperless one and ensure everyone receives a special message, ensure no items are lost in the mail and ensure you are spending your wedding planning time and money efficiently.
If you haven’t already, now is a good time to begin using Eventastic! It’s fun, helpful and it’s free to sign up! You will have a gorgeous professional looking personalized wedding themed website with amazing technology and multiple features in only a few minutes.
With Eventastic, you have the following features right at your fingertips! Just fill in the template with our easy to follow menu of instructions using the features you choose for your site. You and your guests will have all your wedding details available in one convenient place.
- Cover Photos – Your wedding website allows you to create an amazing cover page with photos of your choice to share with friends, family and guests.
- Details – You fill in the specific details of your wedding indicating date, time, venue, reception etc.
- Save the Date – Eventastic Weddings offers you a digital invitation option for your ‘Save the Date’, ‘Wedding’ AND all other wedding events, like showers, Stag ‘N Doe’s, bachelorette and bachelor parties, etc. Guaranteed there is no one that will have the same invite as you with this cool personalized feature!
- Universal Gift Registry – What better wedding registry than to be able to add ANY item from ANYWHERE to your gift registry!
- Monetary Gifts – Tactfully ask for cash gifts for your wedding by giving guests the option to contribute on your wedding website to items you are saving for. (i.e. honeymoon, home reno, savings plan etc.) Avoid the worry of envelopes going missing at the reception!
- Event Planning – Organize your events like bridal showers, Stag’N Doe and and pre-wedding parties right on your wedding website under ‘Connected Events’, giving guests party details like theme, time, location and RSVP.
- Event Ticketing – You may utilize our optional eCommerce feature! Sell tickets to your pre-wedding parties/events right on your wedding website making ticket sales/purchase so much easier! Avoid the costs of printing up tickets and the energy/time of distributing them. (i.e. entry tickets, beverage tickets, etc..)
- Photo Sharing – Share your photos with friends, family and guests and have them sorted in specific albums you’ve made. (i.e.. childhood, fun shots, engagement, pre-wedding events etc.) Guests can also upload and share candid snaps on your wedding day. If you choose, you could have them play in a slideshow on the day of by utilizing the photo sharing option.
- Video Thank-You’s – A personalized video message from you and your partner to thank guests after an event thus saving you time and money.
- Silent Auction Option – You’ll have the opportunity to utilize the silent auction feature on the website if wanting to raise money at a pre-wedding party.
Simply sign in with your email, click “Create an Event” (i.e. Jane and John’s Wedding), and begin following the menu of features you choose to utilize at that time; filling in the templates as you so wish. When you complete your wedding site, you choose whether to have it made public or remain private. If you choose ‘private’ your wedding page will not be viewable on the Eventastic website search. When you are ready to share your wedding website with friends and family simply copy the URL to your page and share via email, Facebook etc…
Update and add information to your wedding website whenever and as often as needed. Have fun making your personal wedding website. We know you’ll enjoy the cost saving features we’ve added to make your wedding planning easier.
Over the last couple years, I have attended many bridal showers and i’ve noticed a trend in the organizers requesting guests to email their personal best recipes prior to the shower. The organizer(s) then assembles a special cookbook of recipe favourites to be presented to the bride-to-be on the day of the shower. Note: If you are a bride reading this, then consider forwarding to your wedding party participants. 🙂
Every new bride comes into the marriage with some of her own recipe favourites but based off the reactions i’ve witnessed, it seems everyone appreciates receiving a book/binder prepared by friends/loved ones containing all their popular choices whether it’s a first marriage or not. Planning and executing the cookbook can be as simple or extravagant as you choose. Here are some simple suggestions to get you started.
5 Steps To An Awesome Recipe Book
- Purchase a binder with clear sleeve on the front to easily slide in a label, maybe a printed picture or caricature of the couple
- Buy plastic sleeve 3-hole inserts and dividers (easily wipeable for spills) and arrange in the binder with categories such as; Drinks, Breakfast Ideas, Appetizers, Soups & Salads, Main Meals, Breads & Muffins, Cookies & Squares and Pies & Cakes. Fun idea: Put a picture of a delectable dish relevant to the category as the cover page for each section.
- Send your Eventastic shower invite to guests; requesting they send you one or more of their favourite recipes to be included in the recipe book. Make sure to ask that they include a picture of the dish and have the recipe to you, the organizer, by a certain date to give you time to put it together. To make it even easier for guests you can click ‘Allow Photo Sharing’ and ask guests to simply share a photo of their specific recipe right on the shower invitation page.
- Plan an afternoon or evening of fun to put the book together and have everyone (if more than you organizing)bring recipes of their own to top up every category. Decide whether you will be retyping the recipes in a particular font or use as is.
- Wrap the recipe book in a tea towel tied with string. Rather than a typical bow, you could top it off with spatulas or other cooking tools.
Often when we are at a friend or family member’s home we enjoy a great meal and would love to be able to replicate it in our own home. Having a book with favourites already tested and known to be popular is a real treat for any bride-to-be. There have definitely been a few times when I left these showers wishing I could have had a copy of the book she received!
So, if you’re planning a bridal shower turn on your creative side and consider making a bridal shower recipe book. Remember it’s ok to delegate any artistic jobs to those with particular talents that will be participating. Have fun. I know she’ll enjoy it!
Wedding showers are some of the most exciting pre-wedding parties that entail gift giving in anticipation for the big day. Wedding showers are usually hosted by friends, family, workmates etc, bringing various groups of people together for fun, nibbles, memories, gift giving and celebrating of the wedding day to come. It is not unusual for there to be multiple showers planned within a couple months of the wedding. There are a few aspects of shower planning that brides can and should be involved in to help with its overall success.
We at Eventastic Weddings have a few tips on wedding showers for you to ponder in terms of preference and then share with your wedding party or those most likely to host.
1. What type of shower do you prefer?
In the past, wedding showers were actually bridal showers where only the bride attended with those throwing/attending the party and the groom/fiance’s job was to arrive at the end and start hauling out all the gifts to the car. Today times have changed and now it is not unusual to have couple’s showers where both attend and enjoy the festivities. It’s a good idea to let your friends and family know your thoughts and preferences whether traditional or not.
2. Do you have a particular theme you wish for?
It is always fun when showers are hosted with a particular theme in mind. Often themes are chosen taking into consideration the bride or couple’s interests and likes or trying to capture a particular mood or feeling. Themes range from “Garden Party” (guests sip on tea or martini’s in a beautiful garden setting) to “Spa Party” (guests enjoy time together having facials or mani/pedi) to “Candy Party” (where every kind of candy is displayed in interesting ways for all to sample) to “Glamour Party” (where each guest is given a colourful boa as they walk the red carpet). If you have a particular theme wish now is the time to share it.
3. What are your thoughts on venue?
Your shower may take place in a beautiful garden either public or private, or be planned in someone’s home or even at the office. It may occur at the retirement home making it easy for grandma to attend or at a hall depending on numbers being invited. If you know of relatives and friends that would want to attend one of your showers but have special requirements because of disability or otherwise now is the time to let those most likely to plan know.
4. Do you have food preferences?
Food for showers sometimes will involve a meal but most often it is an afternoon of great nibbles, both sweet and otherwise. If you totally dislike or have developed allergies/sensitivities for certain foods now is the time to make that known. Shower hosts might ask various people to contribute to a potluck style of gathering or even arrange to have it catered and the last thing you need is hives or upset stomach at the end of the day.
5. What are your thoughts on games?
Shower planners often arrange to have party games played at the shower to keep the mood happy and lively as well as assist everyone in mingling and mixing. There are endless options to be played. Have you heard of the toilet paper bridal gown and veil game? Guests are divided in groups and asked to pick one person from their group to don the wedding ensemble made out of toilet paper. If there is a shower you’ve attended in the past and loved playing a game or found it effective then this is the time to share ..or…if you dislike all games at showers you might want to mention this.
6. Have you started your shower registry?
At this point you have had some time to peruse your free wedding website and no doubt are thrilled with having your universal gift registry option. Any item from anywhere can be added to your wedding registry from surfing the net on your computer AND by using Eventastic Weddings APP downloadable through any APP store for any smartphone. We suggest that you make not only your “Wedding Registry” of items for your guests to see but ALSO one or multiple “Shower Registry” lists. Shower registry items would typically be items that are lower priced or group buy options.
It’s important that your shower planners get your thoughts on these aspects to help in its success. Remember that your shower could be added to your events page to made invites easier and could even have a ticketing option to help pay for some of the costs. (Your planners will love that!)
Have fun uploading all your shower pictures to a “shower album” on your wedding website for everyone to enjoy!