You’re having the engagement experience of your dreams to the one person you can’t live without! Enjoy that feeling and never let it go. It’s not long though before some major planning needs to begin. If you can work together to set up a realistic wedding budget that will work for both of you it will bode well for your future together.
We’ve all seen those reality T.V. programs where one half of the couple seems to be on a different planet than the other. Fabio simply can’t live without arriving at the reception in a helicopter or Rapunzel NEEDS orchids that only bloom for one week of the year in the high cliffs of Gibraltar. Planning and talking about expectations is important at this stage. Love is certainly the key but keeping an eye on the big picture of how you want to start the rest of your life financially doesn’t hurt.
Do you want a large elaborate wedding or a smaller intimate affair for a few friends and family? Be honest and then be practical and look into exactly how much things will cost. Representing the true you doesn’t have to be expensive. Your guests will remember your heart felt vows long after that orchid from Gibraltar has faded away.
Will your parents be helping out? It’s never too early to find out. Sitting down with family on both sides and determining how much help can be expected might be a little difficult but you’ll be glad you did when you start to input actual numbers in your budget. You know your parents better than anyone. Is it realistic to ask them for anything? Would they prefer you ask them alone or with your fiancé present? Money can be a really delicate matter to discuss. Be polite but clear. You could say something like…“We’re sitting down to make our wedding budget and were wondering if you would be able to contribute?” Lots of hugs are in order no matter what the answer. It’s not an easy topic!
Are you a couple that already has most everything you need to set up a home together? If so cash wedding gifts can help pay for the wedding and Eventastic can be invaluable in letting your guests know subtly that money would be appreciated in lieu of gifts. In the Guest Funding section of your wedding event website you can even let them know specifically what you’ll be using the dollars for. ie wedding expenses, a down payment on a home, home reno, honeymoon, honeymoon excursions etc. People may even give a little more when they know what the gift will be used toward!
Good luck and remember that the work you put into this first budget together will be a firm foundation for your happy lives to come!
There are some people ‘fortunate’ enough to have so much popularity that billions of people want to know their every move. It’s great when celebrities choose to oblige their fans by sharing some of their personal information with the public but there are many times where they need and want their privacy when it comes to personal matters. Celebrities aren’t the only ones that appreciate privacy with respect to certain events in their lives. We all have our reasons.
While the definition of ‘event’ indicates a planned occasion of some importance fostering social contact, we all know that doesn’t mean all events are made open to the general public by organizers. Sometimes it’s a closed event. Eventastic.com and EventasticWeddings.com recognizes that people plan events regularly where a specific guest list is created and only those on that list are made privy to the event information and invited to attend. It’s no surprise that people like Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds or Kanye and Kim wouldn’t want their registry lists or photos viewable by the general public.
It was important to us to provide options to our users. By allowing for wedding events made on the Eventastic Weddings platform to be made ‘public’ or ‘private’, the attraction for those wanting to be discreet in planning their wedding has been widely appreciated and welcomed. Those with high profiles are able to create invites to their events/parties privately whether for personal reasons or otherwise.
When people create their wedding website on EventasticWeddings.com or other events and parties on Eventastic.com they must click a box on their planning page whether they wish their event to be ‘public’ or ‘private’. In so doing, if the creator clicks ‘private’, the event will NOT be searchable by the public under the “Find Event” tab on the website. Only potential guests who have been sent the URL to the event will be made aware of the wedding or event page and its details.
Wedding planners, high profile individuals and Corporations who host employees events all over the world have shared their clients’ appreciation of our company’s sensitivity to their wishes and needs of privacy. With Eventastic providing the ticketing software to the Bridal Showplace Bridal Show with David Tutera in California last year and this year, attendees continue to express their excitement to learn of the Eventastic Weddings and Eventastic website and how helpful it was to the planning of their event and sharing important details with guests.
If you are thinking of planning an event that involves ticketing or registration don’t hesitate. There is no other software out there that does what this does AND it is free to use for free events.
If you haven’t already, now is a good time to begin using Eventastic! It’s fun, helpful and it’s free to sign up! You will have a gorgeous professional looking personalized wedding themed website with amazing technology and multiple features in only a few minutes.
With Eventastic, you have the following features right at your fingertips! Just fill in the template with our easy to follow menu of instructions using the features you choose for your site. You and your guests will have all your wedding details available in one convenient place.
- Cover Photos – Your wedding website allows you to create an amazing cover page with photos of your choice to share with friends, family and guests.
- Details – You fill in the specific details of your wedding indicating date, time, venue, reception etc.
- Save the Date – Eventastic Weddings offers you a digital invitation option for your ‘Save the Date’, ‘Wedding’ AND all other wedding events, like showers, Stag ‘N Doe’s, bachelorette and bachelor parties, etc. Guaranteed there is no one that will have the same invite as you with this cool personalized feature!
- Universal Gift Registry – What better wedding registry than to be able to add ANY item from ANYWHERE to your gift registry!
- Monetary Gifts – Tactfully ask for cash gifts for your wedding by giving guests the option to contribute on your wedding website to items you are saving for. (i.e. honeymoon, home reno, savings plan etc.) Avoid the worry of envelopes going missing at the reception!
- Event Planning – Organize your events like bridal showers, Stag’N Doe and and pre-wedding parties right on your wedding website under ‘Connected Events’, giving guests party details like theme, time, location and RSVP.
- Event Ticketing – You may utilize our optional eCommerce feature! Sell tickets to your pre-wedding parties/events right on your wedding website making ticket sales/purchase so much easier! Avoid the costs of printing up tickets and the energy/time of distributing them. (i.e. entry tickets, beverage tickets, etc..)
- Photo Sharing – Share your photos with friends, family and guests and have them sorted in specific albums you’ve made. (i.e.. childhood, fun shots, engagement, pre-wedding events etc.) Guests can also upload and share candid snaps on your wedding day. If you choose, you could have them play in a slideshow on the day of by utilizing the photo sharing option.
- Video Thank-You’s – A personalized video message from you and your partner to thank guests after an event thus saving you time and money.
- Silent Auction Option – You’ll have the opportunity to utilize the silent auction feature on the website if wanting to raise money at a pre-wedding party.
Simply sign in with your email, click “Create an Event” (i.e. Jane and John’s Wedding), and begin following the menu of features you choose to utilize at that time; filling in the templates as you so wish. When you complete your wedding site, you choose whether to have it made public or remain private. If you choose ‘private’ your wedding page will not be viewable on the Eventastic website search. When you are ready to share your wedding website with friends and family simply copy the URL to your page and share via email, Facebook etc…
Update and add information to your wedding website whenever and as often as needed. Have fun making your personal wedding website. We know you’ll enjoy the cost saving features we’ve added to make your wedding planning easier.