Second Marriage Gift Registry Thoughts
Time and time again I hear engaged couples say, “Oh this is our second marriage so we won’t be having a gift registry… we really don’t need anything”. When I hear that I think “Hogwash!” Everyone has little or big dreams of things they would like!
Guests want to give you something to help celebrate your nuptials with your fiancé. That’s what a wedding registry is for; to help guests choose things for you that will be truly appreciated. Guests want to give to you both so why not make it easier for them!
Think Beyond Household Basics
The fact is, that when couples getting married the second time think of a typical wedding gift registry, they think of towels, cutlery, bedding and kitchen supplies as being on a wedding registry. Like most couples who are getting married for the second or more time, they already have all the basics one would normally think of for first time newlyweds. Let’s face it, they probably are looking at having garage sales to get rid of some of their things they’ve accumulated over the years! Who says though, a wedding gift registry has to be made up of the classic wedding gift items that every first time bride and groom have on their list?
Unique new ideas for your second marriage wedding registry!
Check out our categories of gift registry ideas that might inspire you with some gift thoughts you might not have thought of. With Eventastic cash Guest Funding feature option you simply create your event page and add the Guest Funding option to your page. You’ll simply fill in the popup template with the item details and put a picture relevant to what you would appreciate and when the event page is shared, people are given the option to contribute monies toward it. What a great way of adding more expensive gift option ideas and encourage group gifting to make your wish a reality!
- Home Renovation – Have you had thoughts of making changes in your home to make it more suitable or endearing for the two of you? Whether it be new floor, cupboards, taking a wall out, deck, you can give guests the opportunity to give towards a home project you’ve got on your to-do list.
- Landscaping Changes – You’d love to have a new walkway or patio? The fire-pit area or dock at the cottage has seen better days? Maybe you have your eyes on a new water feature for your yard. All these make for great things that wedding guests could contribute towards.
- Travel Ideas – Whether a small bus tour to a winery, boating trip, honeymoon, vacation away, there is usually some place you have on your bucket list that you’ve yet to see. This is a perfect opportunity for others to contribute toward your goal.
- Specialty Items – Would you truly appreciate a bottle of wine from a certain vintage? Cohiba Robusto cigars or a humidor? Camus Cognac Cuvee? GPS for the motorcycle? Money for a course you both want to take?
- Donations – Do you have a cause you feel connected to? This is a great opportunity to give to something via your guests donating to it in your name right on your wedding event page!
Think outside the box. There are no hard and fast rules in what you can add to your Eventastic Guest Funding! Keep in mind that wedding guests want to share in the excitement of your special day and it is appreciated by guests when you give them ideas of things you both would love.