Posts tagged ‘Invitations’
Wedding showers are some of the most exciting pre-wedding parties that entail gift giving in anticipation for the big day. Wedding showers are usually hosted by friends, family, workmates etc, bringing various groups of people together for fun, nibbles, memories, gift giving and celebrating of the wedding day to come. It is not unusual for there to be multiple showers planned within a couple months of the wedding. There are a few aspects of shower planning that brides can and should be involved in to help with its overall success.
We at Eventastic Weddings have a few tips on wedding showers for you to ponder in terms of preference and then share with your wedding party or those most likely to host.
1. What type of shower do you prefer?
In the past, wedding showers were actually bridal showers where only the bride attended with those throwing/attending the party and the groom/fiance’s job was to arrive at the end and start hauling out all the gifts to the car. Today times have changed and now it is not unusual to have couple’s showers where both attend and enjoy the festivities. It’s a good idea to let your friends and family know your thoughts and preferences whether traditional or not.
2. Do you have a particular theme you wish for?
It is always fun when showers are hosted with a particular theme in mind. Often themes are chosen taking into consideration the bride or couple’s interests and likes or trying to capture a particular mood or feeling. Themes range from “Garden Party” (guests sip on tea or martini’s in a beautiful garden setting) to “Spa Party” (guests enjoy time together having facials or mani/pedi) to “Candy Party” (where every kind of candy is displayed in interesting ways for all to sample) to “Glamour Party” (where each guest is given a colourful boa as they walk the red carpet). If you have a particular theme wish now is the time to share it.
3. What are your thoughts on venue?
Your shower may take place in a beautiful garden either public or private, or be planned in someone’s home or even at the office. It may occur at the retirement home making it easy for grandma to attend or at a hall depending on numbers being invited. If you know of relatives and friends that would want to attend one of your showers but have special requirements because of disability or otherwise now is the time to let those most likely to plan know.
4. Do you have food preferences?
Food for showers sometimes will involve a meal but most often it is an afternoon of great nibbles, both sweet and otherwise. If you totally dislike or have developed allergies/sensitivities for certain foods now is the time to make that known. Shower hosts might ask various people to contribute to a potluck style of gathering or even arrange to have it catered and the last thing you need is hives or upset stomach at the end of the day.
5. What are your thoughts on games?
Shower planners often arrange to have party games played at the shower to keep the mood happy and lively as well as assist everyone in mingling and mixing. There are endless options to be played. Have you heard of the toilet paper bridal gown and veil game? Guests are divided in groups and asked to pick one person from their group to don the wedding ensemble made out of toilet paper. If there is a shower you’ve attended in the past and loved playing a game or found it effective then this is the time to share ..or…if you dislike all games at showers you might want to mention this.
6. Have you started your shower registry?
At this point you have had some time to peruse your free wedding website and no doubt are thrilled with having your universal gift registry option. Any item from anywhere can be added to your wedding registry from surfing the net on your computer AND by using Eventastic Weddings APP downloadable through any APP store for any smartphone. We suggest that you make not only your “Wedding Registry” of items for your guests to see but ALSO one or multiple “Shower Registry” lists. Shower registry items would typically be items that are lower priced or group buy options.
It’s important that your shower planners get your thoughts on these aspects to help in its success. Remember that your shower could be added to your events page to made invites easier and could even have a ticketing option to help pay for some of the costs. (Your planners will love that!)
Have fun uploading all your shower pictures to a “shower album” on your wedding website for everyone to enjoy!
Planning a wedding is both a joyful and daunting experience. There are so many aspects that go into planning the perfect day that it can get hectic. Let us help you. Couples are always searching for tips and tricks on how to make their wedding planning process a breeze.
Eventastic Weddings is a FREE wedding website and universal gift registry where you can register for any item, at any store, anywhere! It also has many amazing time and money saving features that will make your wedding planning journey so much easier for you and your fiancé! Features such as:
- Gift registry- you are able to make multiple registries which might not only include your wedding registry but also custom registries for showers that you know people will be arranging for you and hosting on your site. You might have multiple family showers, work shower, friends shower,,,etc..(even themed gifting for specific themed showers like gifts for the kitchen, add to bar theme, etc..)
- Cash gifting – say goodbye to envelopes going missing at your wedding reception or that awkward desire to receive cash as a gift! Collect cash gifts right on your wedding website from anywhere in the world. Your guests can pay with any Credit card making it much easier for them and safer for you! You can also “cash out” at any time to utilize these gifts for your honeymoon or other wedding costs before your wedding.
- New video save the date and invitations – your invitation process will transform into a simple unique interactive experience. You and your fiancé can record a special video invitation for your guests, then track their acceptance, food choices and number of attendees in real-time. You can even record your video in multiple languages. Love it!
- Event ticketing– sell tickets for wedding related events (Stag ‘N’ Doe, or bachelor bachelorettes parties) online in advance directly from your wedding website. Admission tickets beer, wine tickets, raffle tickets – you can even make an event where you sell a dance with the bride or groom to help raise money for your big day its all up to you.
- Event planning – organize events such as bridal showers, Stag ‘N Doe parties and any pre-wedding parties you and your bridal party may be planning with all relevant information attached to the event like name, location, directions, map, etc.. Its all in one easy to find location for all your guests on your website!
- Photo sharing – your guests can upload and share candid snaps on your big day and live stream them at your venue, just ask your venue for a projector and screen and watch the fun. If you are planning a destination wedding non-guests can watch as your wedding unfolds from anywhere in the world.
- Video thank-you – because this is a consolidated gift registry all your gifts are organized in one location making it easy to send a personalized video message to thank them for specific wedding gifts they gave you. You’ll be organized for quick and easy thank you’s. Ie.”Thanks Uncle Bob for the blender and great seeing you at the wedding” This face to face method is amazing. It does not get more personal then that
We bundled up all these amazing features in your own custom wedding website. You now have a centralized location for all your wedding details that will make it easy for you and your guests.
Visit us at our website www.eventasticweddings.com
Happy Wedding Planning!