There are many pros and many cons to having your wedding on a long weekend. Before you completely veto the idea of a long weekend wedding, you may be surprised at the benefits!
7 Reasons to Say Yes to a Long Weekend Wedding:
- Sunday Is An Option- often less expensive than a Friday or Saturday
- Save Your Vacation Days – No need to travel on a Friday since you can travel Saturday & the holiday Monday
- Family Time – The holiday often involves family get-together’s. With everyone already looking forward to seeing each other, this is another reason to celebrate
- Anniversary’s Will Be Awesome – You will always have your anniversary on a long weekend
- Fire Works – You are legally allowed to have a personal firework show
- More Wedding Activities – long weekends make pre-wedding dinner & post-wedding brunch easy & convenient for guests.
- It can be a lot of fun to spend the time with your loved ones, especially if you don’t see them often.
- Bride & Groom Face Time – These extra wedding events also mean guests get actual face time to speak with the bride and groom and the couple can work the crowd at a more leisurely pace!
3 Reasons to Veto a Long Weekend Wedding:
- Long Weekend Expenses – Hotels and flights are typically much more expensive on long weekends.
- Already Planned – Guests may already planned their long weekends. This can cause a lower attendance, and can disappoint the couple.
- It might take your guests longer to get there and longer to run your errands. One word: traffic.
You can always lessen the negative views of a wedding on a holiday weekend by spreading the word far in advance with save the dates cards! You could also arrange to have your wedding another time than the typical Saturday Afternoon. This gives guests part of the weekend to call their own. Friday & Sunday are a good idea on long weekends.
We hope this gives you some food for thought before scraping several of the weekends out of the year. We also hope this opens up more opportunities to create your dream wedding – that venue, photographer or limo just might be available.