Recently I had the honour of attending a beautiful wedding where I was inspired to write this blog. As I stood washing my hands at the reception hall bathroom sink I could hear awful yet familiar noises and see a portion of a gorgeous white lace and sequin gown emerging from under one of the stalls. Thankfully the Maid of Honour was holding back the brides hair and in-between her supportive words to the newly wedded was yelling out “Does anyone have any Gravol or Tylenol?”
This experience motivated me to come up with a helpful list of emergency items to have available on the wedding day. These are some items I think would seem important to have close at hand for the big day in case of need.
- Gravol – in case those stomach butterflies get out of hand
- Tylenol – for that pressure pain that won’t go away
- Tissues – for that little dab
- Lipstick – for re-applications throughout the day
- Tampons/Pads – for the surprise you weren’t expecting
- Eye Drops – to rehydrate or get the red out
- Nasal Spray – you have to breathe
- Energy Drink – to wet your whistle and balance electrolytes
- Mints – fresh breath is vital for all the close encounters
- Hand Sanitizer – as you’ll be meeting/greeting and touching a lot of people (get one with moisturizer)
- Sewing Kit – for the button you never dreamed would pop off
- Deodorant – you can never be sure enough
- Perfume – a quick spritz for that subtle all-day fragrance
- Face Powder – no need for extra shine in the photos
- Nail File – you never know
- Hair Pins – when that one little strand won’t stay in place
- Hair Spray – extra hold for fly-aways
- Band-Aids – the shoes weren’t tight yesterday…
- Safety Pins – for a little fix
- Floss – “you have something in your teeth”
Your wedding party in its entirety should be aware of where this emergency kit can be located at any time. Sometimes a quick fix is all it takes to ensure a situation is under control and avoid it leading to something bigger. Feeling and looking great on your wedding day is very important. It’s nice to know your wedding party has your back at all times to assist with the look and feel that is crucial to your special day. Yes… My mom taught me to always be prepared!
Eventastic Weddings wishes you a great day!