We probably all know the movie “Bridesmaids” and have had many laughs over the girls and their differences. It’s a reality that brides, when choosing her bridesmaids, will not pick a group of girls that have all chummed together and know each other well. The bride has chosen various people to be in her wedding party that have a special place in her heart and life. While the goal is not that all those chosen become besties, it is a lot less stressful when they can all get along, ‘celebrate’ their differences, and join together to create fun and memorable experiences not only for the wedding day but also any pre-wedding parties.
It can be especially helpful for the bride to coordinate times for her bridesmaids to be together prior to the wedding. Not only does this help them to get to know each other, it allows them the opportunity to exchange phone numbers and any information that subsequently may help in possibly planning any pre-wedding events together. Each bridesmaid will have special characteristics and possibly talents that will be very helpful in preparing for the big day and while the bride may already know each one’s traits, it will be good for her attendants to learn this too. There are many ways of bringing everyone together for an afternoon or evening of fun and ‘bonding time’. You obviously won’t want to plan things on a weekly basis as you don’t want to ‘over do it’ and coordinating schedules can be a challenge but we thought we would give some ideas you could consider between your engagement and wedding day.
Bridesmaid Bonding Ideas
- Dress Shopping – Have an idea of style and colour prior to your excursion.
- Movie Night – Whether in or out at the movies; popcorn, drinks & laughs are always welcome.
- Wedding Website Session – Whether helping to establish it or not it is important that they know all the features so as to tell other friends, family & guests how to maneuver around the site and get all the information.
- Wedding Favour Time – Are you thinking a DIY guest favour? This is a great reason to get assistance & input!
- Cookie Exchange – Everyone loves getting a dozen cookies. Picking a theme makes it even more fun.
- Bachelorette Party – Classically involves dressing up and doing some bar hopping creating stories and memories with every stop.
- Spa Day – Manicures, pedicures, facials etc. all help everyone relax and feel good. (Do it at home or some places allow you to bring in a bottle of wine!)
- Wine and Cheese Party – Discuss wedding preparations, progress or to plan and coordinate a pre-wedding party like a ‘Stag and Doe’ or ‘Shower’ and decide on dates and who does what.
- Cooking Class Evening – Coordinate a night where everyone can get together to learn to cook a special dish.
- Special Occasion Get together – Like filling Easter baskets together, or decorating Victoria Day cookies, or having a beach day etc.
It is the bride’s worst nightmare to have bridesmaids that are difficult and the last thing the bride has time for is to play mediator between all involved. Hopefully those chosen for this special role in the wedding will do their best to make themselves available for times together and learn to appreciate any differences that arise. These are opportunities to make more memories, have fun times together prior to the big day and possibly build new friendships. Have fun! You can even do your ‘Bonding Day’ invite on your Eventastic Weddings themed website and send to all the bridesmaids!