There are so many options when choosing a wedding theme. A theme doesn’t have to be something very specific, it can be based around anything. It’s really about expressing yourself in a way that reflects your creativity, likes, and personality.
- Colour – Choosing a specific colour to be predominant/ accent colour
- T.V./Movie Theme – A favourite/popular show
- Rustic – Countryside venue, simple fashion
- Goth – Black for fashion/flowers, dramatic makeup
- Victorian/Vintage – Pearls and Lace, nostalgic jewelry
- Heritage – German, Irish, English etc, traditional dress
- Beach – Destination wedding or shells & starfish accents
- Hollywood Glamour – Red carpet, sparkle, glitz, high fashion
- Sports – Memorabilia, running shoes, themed cake,
- Medieval – Minstrels, juggler, renaissance fashion, serve goose
- Hero – Superheros, villans, added outfit accessories
Having a sit-down with your fiancée to discuss your thoughts, ideas and vision for your big day in terms of a theme can be fun whether the follow-through occurs or not. Talk about what you both like and enjoy. If you have strong Scottish ties you may consider kilts and bagpipes with Scottish shortbread for wedding favours.
Whatever your theme, your wedding day should reflect you as a couple. Hopefully, if considering a theme, you choose what you most love and together weave it beautifully throughout your special day shared with friends and family.
Imagine the fun you’ll have expanding your theme with your Eventastic wedding website! There is no end to how creative you can be with your cover photos and themed pre-wedding parties preparing your guests for the fun and excitement! Check out the Superheroes Theme wedding photo below by Cat Norman. To see more great themed wedding photos go to our Wedding Theme Pinterest page.
Eventastic is an online registration and ticketing platform for parties and events of any size, all over the world! Create your wedding page for free and add cool features and tools to help manage your wedding and wedding related parties. You can even add a guest funding button and give guests the option of giving monies toward your honeymoon! Get creative and have fun with this amazing platform.