Posts tagged ‘Wedding Website’
Wedding showers are some of the most exciting pre-wedding parties that entail gift giving in anticipation for the big day. Wedding showers are usually hosted by friends, family, workmates etc, bringing various groups of people together for fun, nibbles, memories, gift giving and celebrating of the wedding day to come. It is not unusual for there to be multiple showers planned within a couple months of the wedding. There are a few aspects of shower planning that brides can and should be involved in to help with its overall success.
We at Eventastic Weddings have a few tips on wedding showers for you to ponder in terms of preference and then share with your wedding party or those most likely to host.
1. What type of shower do you prefer?
In the past, wedding showers were actually bridal showers where only the bride attended with those throwing/attending the party and the groom/fiance’s job was to arrive at the end and start hauling out all the gifts to the car. Today times have changed and now it is not unusual to have couple’s showers where both attend and enjoy the festivities. It’s a good idea to let your friends and family know your thoughts and preferences whether traditional or not.
2. Do you have a particular theme you wish for?
It is always fun when showers are hosted with a particular theme in mind. Often themes are chosen taking into consideration the bride or couple’s interests and likes or trying to capture a particular mood or feeling. Themes range from “Garden Party” (guests sip on tea or martini’s in a beautiful garden setting) to “Spa Party” (guests enjoy time together having facials or mani/pedi) to “Candy Party” (where every kind of candy is displayed in interesting ways for all to sample) to “Glamour Party” (where each guest is given a colourful boa as they walk the red carpet). If you have a particular theme wish now is the time to share it.
3. What are your thoughts on venue?
Your shower may take place in a beautiful garden either public or private, or be planned in someone’s home or even at the office. It may occur at the retirement home making it easy for grandma to attend or at a hall depending on numbers being invited. If you know of relatives and friends that would want to attend one of your showers but have special requirements because of disability or otherwise now is the time to let those most likely to plan know.
4. Do you have food preferences?
Food for showers sometimes will involve a meal but most often it is an afternoon of great nibbles, both sweet and otherwise. If you totally dislike or have developed allergies/sensitivities for certain foods now is the time to make that known. Shower hosts might ask various people to contribute to a potluck style of gathering or even arrange to have it catered and the last thing you need is hives or upset stomach at the end of the day.
5. What are your thoughts on games?
Shower planners often arrange to have party games played at the shower to keep the mood happy and lively as well as assist everyone in mingling and mixing. There are endless options to be played. Have you heard of the toilet paper bridal gown and veil game? Guests are divided in groups and asked to pick one person from their group to don the wedding ensemble made out of toilet paper. If there is a shower you’ve attended in the past and loved playing a game or found it effective then this is the time to share ..or…if you dislike all games at showers you might want to mention this.
6. Have you started your shower registry?
At this point you have had some time to peruse your free wedding website and no doubt are thrilled with having your universal gift registry option. Any item from anywhere can be added to your wedding registry from surfing the net on your computer AND by using Eventastic Weddings APP downloadable through any APP store for any smartphone. We suggest that you make not only your “Wedding Registry” of items for your guests to see but ALSO one or multiple “Shower Registry” lists. Shower registry items would typically be items that are lower priced or group buy options.
It’s important that your shower planners get your thoughts on these aspects to help in its success. Remember that your shower could be added to your events page to made invites easier and could even have a ticketing option to help pay for some of the costs. (Your planners will love that!)
Have fun uploading all your shower pictures to a “shower album” on your wedding website for everyone to enjoy!
How we took a tradition, and introduced it to technology.
Once upon a time, big box gift registries were great for young couples who were leaving their parents’ home for the first time where they needed toasters, bedding, towels along with every other house essentials. With restricted products at these big box stores, like Sears, The Bay or more upscale Holt Renfrew offered everything newly engaged couples desired. But now, with couples marrying later and often living together beforehand, their need for home essentials has diminished.
Many couples dread picking out items for the gift registry. Couples already spent years accumulating housewares and appliances. Nor do they want to register for a cup-and-saucer or a china set. Approximately 70% of engaged couples have been living together for a few years before getting married.
There must be a solution for a couples wanting a gift registry! Well there is! Eventastic Weddings, has a universal gift registry, where couples can register for any item, from any store, ANYWHERE! Yes now you can register for a snow blower, a stereo system, a ladder, items from Harley Davidson, even a puppy! . Anything! Yes it’s that easy.
One of the popular features of Eventastic Weddings website is the cash gifting registry, where guests can contribute to big ticket items and goals that couples are working towards to. Whether that’s a $20,000 custom-designed kitchen renovation or $4,000 dream honeymoon vacation, guests can contribute to those items right on their wedding website. Using a smartphone or a tool bar button (like Pinterest) you can simply snap a picture or scan a product barcode and the item will go directly to your online gift registry on your own personal wedding website. You can either download a mobile app and scan items when you are out and about, or sit in the comfort of your home and add to your registry.
Even if your wedding is a year away, its never to early to start registering for your wedding.
Oh and did I mention the best part! Its FREE to sign up!
Visit our website at www.eventasticweddings.com
Happy Wedding Planning!
Back in the day, marriage meant setting up the new household, and it was expected that guests would bring gifts during the wedding and bridal showers that would fill up the newlywed’s home with kitchen ware, bedding and other household items.
Times have changed and so has the needs and requirements of the modern/new age couple. These days the average age of marriage has risen and some are already living together therefore, their household is all set up. Gifts are the last thing they want for their wedding. Who wants to add on to the clutter in the home? The requirement of traditional gifts has been replaced by the need for cash.
Additionally, the gift of money can also be used by the couple for a variety of other purposes. They may use it for putting a down payment, on a house renovations on their house, retirement savings plan or even for a dream honeymoon vacation. In any case, these options are way better than being gifted the second or maybe even the third blender or toaster.
Couples are constantly looking for ways of asking for cash gifts. This is because asking for cash gifts is still considered to be tacky by many guests. Couples who really want cash gifts are apprehensive to ask fearing they will offend some guests.
In reality, guests are always happy to give towards what the couple really needs, be it cash. As part of the etiquette, it is essential for the couple to plan and then inform the guests how they plan to spend their cash gifts. Though they will never ask you, guests always like to know how their money will likely be used by the couple, and often will give more when they know what their gift will be contributing towards to.
We have the solution for you! Eventastic Weddings has a cash gifting registry where couples can collect cash gifts right on their wedding website from anywhere in the world. Couples can allocate a dollar amount to specific goals and items that they are saving for, e.g down payment on a house, spa day during the honeymoon, kitchen renovation.
You can easily have an all cash gift wedding by easily converting your wedding registry to an “All Cash” Registry. But don’t worry, you can still add items to your bridal shower registries such as a stand mixer or blender. Your guests can pay with any credit card making it much easier for them and safer for you! Say goodbye to envelopes going missing at your wedding reception or that awkward desire to receive cash as a gift! Our cash gifting feature is one of the best ways of getting the gifts that you want. We make asking for cash gifts easy and acceptable to everyone. The popularity of cash gifting is increasing by the day
Eventastic Weddings is also a FREE wedding website and universal gift registry where you can register for any item, from any store and it also has many time and money saving features that will help couples plan their wedding. Features such as video save the date/invitations, Thank you videos and event ticketing for your pre-weddings parties (Stag’N’Doe)
Thanks and Happy Wedding Planning!
Planning a wedding is both a joyful and daunting experience. There are so many aspects that go into planning the perfect day that it can get hectic. Let us help you. Couples are always searching for tips and tricks on how to make their wedding planning process a breeze.
Eventastic Weddings is a FREE wedding website and universal gift registry where you can register for any item, at any store, anywhere! It also has many amazing time and money saving features that will make your wedding planning journey so much easier for you and your fiancé! Features such as:
- Gift registry- you are able to make multiple registries which might not only include your wedding registry but also custom registries for showers that you know people will be arranging for you and hosting on your site. You might have multiple family showers, work shower, friends shower,,,etc..(even themed gifting for specific themed showers like gifts for the kitchen, add to bar theme, etc..)
- Cash gifting – say goodbye to envelopes going missing at your wedding reception or that awkward desire to receive cash as a gift! Collect cash gifts right on your wedding website from anywhere in the world. Your guests can pay with any Credit card making it much easier for them and safer for you! You can also “cash out” at any time to utilize these gifts for your honeymoon or other wedding costs before your wedding.
- New video save the date and invitations – your invitation process will transform into a simple unique interactive experience. You and your fiancé can record a special video invitation for your guests, then track their acceptance, food choices and number of attendees in real-time. You can even record your video in multiple languages. Love it!
- Event ticketing– sell tickets for wedding related events (Stag ‘N’ Doe, or bachelor bachelorettes parties) online in advance directly from your wedding website. Admission tickets beer, wine tickets, raffle tickets – you can even make an event where you sell a dance with the bride or groom to help raise money for your big day its all up to you.
- Event planning – organize events such as bridal showers, Stag ‘N Doe parties and any pre-wedding parties you and your bridal party may be planning with all relevant information attached to the event like name, location, directions, map, etc.. Its all in one easy to find location for all your guests on your website!
- Photo sharing – your guests can upload and share candid snaps on your big day and live stream them at your venue, just ask your venue for a projector and screen and watch the fun. If you are planning a destination wedding non-guests can watch as your wedding unfolds from anywhere in the world.
- Video thank-you – because this is a consolidated gift registry all your gifts are organized in one location making it easy to send a personalized video message to thank them for specific wedding gifts they gave you. You’ll be organized for quick and easy thank you’s. Ie.”Thanks Uncle Bob for the blender and great seeing you at the wedding” This face to face method is amazing. It does not get more personal then that
We bundled up all these amazing features in your own custom wedding website. You now have a centralized location for all your wedding details that will make it easy for you and your guests.
Visit us at our website www.eventasticweddings.com
Happy Wedding Planning!